Voice-overs for words and sentences have been curated by Book Taco. Our book quiz text, definitions, synonyms, and antonyms (program's live text) are read aloud using the browser's TTS (Text-to-Speech) feature. If you find that any Book Taco word or sentence needs to be re-recorded, please email us at email@example.com.
To change the voice-over for our live text, you can modify your browser's TTS settings, which will affect the voice-over throughout the program.
How to Change Your Browser's TTS
Every browser handles this feature a little differently, but generally, you can find this option in the 'Settings' menu.
Here is How to Change the Chromebook TTS Setting:
Change the language, voice, or volume for Text-to-speech:
- - At the bottom right, select the time or press Alt + Shift + s.
- - Select Settings and then Accessibility.
- - Under “Text-to-speech,” select Text-to-speech voice settings.
- - Under “Speech Engines,” select Settings and choose a voice:
- - Chrome OS TTS: Voices have a more human-sounding quality and are very responsive.
- - eSpeak: Voices have a more computer-generated sound and are available in a wider variety of languages.
- - Under “Speech Properties,” choose the rate, pitch, and volume.