What is Book Taco?
Book Taco is a highly engaging, interactive program where teachers can administer, assess and motivate student independent reading. Looking for an alternative to Accelerated Reader®? You’ve come to the right place!
Book Taco offers a lot more than just book quizzes!
- Over 16,000 reading comprehension quizzes (English and Spanish)
– Taken anytime, anywhere OR in-school only feature
– Customize settings – passing grade, retries and specific day availability
– Text-to-Speech quiz accommodation (English and Spanish)
- Writing opportunities – students write about the books they read
- Vocabulary – interactive learning modules focused on long-term retention
- Suite of printables for both fiction and nonfiction
- Interactive student reading log for daily accountability
- Robust interactive book finder
- Custom book list creation perfect for themed units, contests, summer
- Over 30+ highly engaging activities
- Student & teacher avatars and virtual reading pet
- Certified Lexile Partner
- Promotes reading culture inclusive for all student learning styles
- Robust reporting with school/district Super Users
Book Taco’s gamified approach focuses on sustained engagement. Our game page features a best-in-class suite of logic, strategy, sports and adventure games where the high scorer’s personal avatar is showcased ratcheting up the competitiveness and capturing the learner’s interest in a fun, familiar environment.
*Our game page is completely customizable allowing educators the option of turning On/Off individual games or disabling the entire suite of games. There is also a Weekends Only setting.
”We are currently using Book Taco as our reading program and our students love Book Taco, especially the ability to personalize their own accounts with avatars and curate their own booklists with titles they want to read, not just books based on a dot color. Our campus has used other reading programs in the past but dropped them due to the extremely high price tag. Book Taco is very reasonably priced and full of engaging, skill building activities and resources. I have been very pleased with Book Taco and look forward to great results from our students.”
Melissa Handley – Library Media Specialist, Fort Worth, TX
”Establishing a strong love for reading within our students paired with comprehension and analytics is very important to our school. Book Taco allowed us to easily track and compare how our students were pacing and meeting their reading goals through a fun and interactive environment. We value the data we are able to collect from Book Taco as well as how customer service focused they are!”
Carly Bonomo – Resource Management Associate, Double Branch Elementary