BookTaco.com feels strongly about protecting your privacy and the privacy of your students.
We understand how important privacy is to our customers, and we are committed to providing a safe and secure learning experience for students, educators, and parents who use our websites, services, and software (collectively, our “Programs”).
This policy describes our privacy practices for Student Information we receive about a student’s use of our Programs. We use the term “Student Information” in this policy to refer to information that personally identifies a student and other information we receive about a student that is linked to information that personally identifies a student. Student Information does not include de-identified or aggregated information that does not personally identify an individual student.
What Types of Student Information Do We Receive?
We receive Student Information for educational or school purposes, or as authorized by an educator, parent, or student. This includes, for example, the following types of Student Information:
• Student Information Provided by Educators or Parents: We receive information that an educator or parent gives us about a student. This may include, for example, a student’s name or identifier and grade level provided by an educator or parent when they register a student for our Programs.
• Student Information Provided by Students: Student interactions with our Programs generate data we refer to as “Performance Data.” Performance Data may include, for example, the lessons a student chooses to play, when a student starts and stops a lesson, and student responses in the lesson.
• Student Information We Automatically Receive From the Student’s Device: We receive technical information from the computer or mobile device a student uses to interact with our Programs. This technical information may include, for example, the device operating system, web browser type, and IP address.
How Does BookTaco.com Use the Student Information It Receives?
We use Student Information for educational or school purposes, or as authorized by a parent or student. In general, we use Student Information to provide students the best possible educational experience on our Programs. For example, we use Student Information:
• To Customize and Personalize Our Programs: We use Student Information to provide access to and to customize and personalize our Programs.
• To Assess Student Performance: We use Student Information to assess student performance and provide updates and reports about a student’s progress to educators and parents.
• To Support, Provide, and Improve Our Programs and Offerings: We use Student Information to support, provide, and improve our Programs and offerings.
Does BookTaco.com Share Student Information?
We do not sell Student Information to third parties. We will share Student Information only as described below.
1. Educational Institutions, Educators, and Parents: We provide educational institutions, educators, and parents with progress reports, updates, and other information about their students. These reports and updates may be personalized about an individual student and may include Student Information.
2. Third-Party Service Providers: We employ other companies and individuals to perform functions on our behalf. Examples include analyzing data and providing customer service. They may have access to Student Information needed to perform their functions, but may not use it for any other purposes.
3. Business Transfers: As we continue to develop our business, we might merge with other businesses or sell substantially all of our assets. In such transactions, Student Information would be one of the transferred business assets, but will remain subject to the promises made in this policy.
5. As Authorized: We may share Student Information with additional third parties for authorized educational or school purposes, or as authorized by the educator, parent, or by the student as permitted by applicable laws and regulations.